Shell Flintkote Super Heat Shield is a a water-borne colour coating with mineral ﬁbres which dries to a matt slip-resistant ﬁnish. It is designed for use as decorative, protective and reﬂective coating on concrete, brick work, mastic and over bituminous coatings.
- Ready-for-use without mixing
- Good light and heat reﬂectivity
- Good chemical resistance
- High resistance to weathering
How can it be used?
- A decorative, protective, reﬂective and weather resistant colour coating for use over stable bituminous surfaces eg waterprooﬁng membrane, rooﬁng felt, bitumen coated masonry and mastic asphalt.
- A colour coating on asphalt or concrete paths and asphalt surfacing for tennis, volleyball and basketball courts.
- As a durable decorative coating on exterior concrete, brick or masonry.
- A line marking paint on parking bays.
Shell Flintkote Super Heat Shield should not be regarded as a porous coating allowing breathing of substrate. It is not suitable for use over surfaces which are permanently immersed in water eg swimming pools and water tanks. In roof application, adequate drainage falls has to be provided to avoid ponding water.
SHELL FLINTKOTE ULTRA
From conception over 50 years ago as a cost effective and reliable waterproof coating, the Shell Flintkote product range has expanded to create an integrated portfolio of products that are designed to work together, offering a seamless barrier to keep water out.
SHELL FLINTKOTE No.3
A mineral colloid bitumen emulsion for general waterproofing, concrete protection and metal protection.
SHELL FLINTKOTE No.5
Flintkote 5 bitumen emulsion is a single-pack, fibrated and stable water-borne emulsion which cures to form a firm and flexible bitumen waterproofing membrane.